Search the forum,

Discuss Electrician turned plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning,

I'm new here. I have just completed the academic side of my Gas Ssafe course, now looking to complete a portfolio.

Previously, I owned and ran a controls company that was an NICEIC approved contractor, working on commercial buildings. I was the Qualified Supervisor, as a qualified electrician. I worked for Honeywell for 16 years before that, so fully conversant with controls. Due to personal circumstances (single dad to a 9 year old) I need to work more locally and more flexibly, hence hoping to do call-outs, services and landlord's certs in my local area.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas.

Cheers,

Mark

Welcome Mark , and good luck . Be careful on breakdowns though , to go straight into breakdowns without the correct knowhow is incredibly hard IMO

I'll be in touch when I need help, hence joining. I've done lots of call-outs, domestic and commercial, as an electrician or controls engineer, where I identify the problem down to a gas component that needs to be changed and I have to stop, hopefully, soon, not any more. Flues and ventilation was an interesting learning experience though.

Hello and welcome

From the type of work you've been doing all those years you must have a good problem solving and a logical mind which is half the battle. I wish you all the best with your new field of work.

Reply to Electrician turned plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock