Search the forum,

Discuss Electrical qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

You have a legal duty as an employer to ensure your employees are competent to undertake work. I'd like to think there was a simple route to show a person was competent to use a multi meter or isolate a fused spur without having to be a fully qualified spark.

This 3-day course might be what you are looking for:
It's available at a lot of centres and colleges and seems to have become quite popular in recent years.

Bpec do an electric course for heating engineers thing I find funny is as far as I know electricians have to go back everytime the regs change ie from 17th to 18th edition yet for us its every 5 years!!!!!

As a rule if I have to go into the ring main etc then sparky gets involved if I gave a socket/ fuse spur then I will connect onto it. My insurance covers it as well.

I agree, I'm happy to pay a spark to do electrical work, its just finding a legal way to do the limited scope of heating/plumbing work.

I'll look into the BPEC course thanks.
[automerge]1565994249[/automerge]
I think I've found a solution I'm happy with:
1) Honeywell controls training - 1 day - £45
2) NICEIC safe isolation training - 1 day - £170
3) ACS etc
4) In house training

Last edited:

Reply to Electrical qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock