Search the forum,

Discuss electric water heater stopped heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I live in an apartment where we own a ariston aures slim water heater which is used to heat my bathroom and kitchen sinks (installed before me, I would have used two separate ones instead).

After using it for a year with varying degrees of success it's now completely failed on us for the last few days. I've gone through the troubleshooting guide on the manual and it doesn't seem to be an issue with the water pressure (the pressure hasn't changed neither). I'm now beginning to think the electrics have failed internally but I've got no equipment (and little expertise) to confirm it.

I'm looking for someone to either fix or replace this heater if possible. I also own an ariston Andris lux 10L that's not been unboxed yet, so this could be an option to use.

Between now and when someone can visit, I'd love to get an idea of where to start on my own, so I can at least save some time for the professional prior to them coming in.

Any more advice is completely welcome too

Thanks,

Ehab

Swapping out an instant water heater really isn't big deal and I would leave it all to the plumber. Just make sure you know where the stopcock is and clear a good space for them to work in. Maybe get some nice biscuits in? šŸ˜‡
Also they're usually recommended not for use to supply kitchen sinks. I have never known why.
swapping it for the 10 litre will not be a straight swap and will need pipework alteration.

Reply to electric water heater stopped heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When we moved into our house in 2016, the electric water heater popped loudly when heating. After awhile, I researched and realized that it was likely due to limescale and/or other sediment buildup. I flushed it multiple times, but never got it to stop popping, so I eventually decided to replace...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
asked to specify for very small studio flat, architect has drawn a combi boiler, 2 radiators, heated towel rail and shower, basin, kitchen sink, washing machine. seems overkill to me, in the past i have used electric shower, 15l 3kw Ariston for hot water, and electric panel heaters, but he is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a no-go. It's a tiny stone-walled, screed floored terraced cottage, with no easy route for the gas pipe. So we're looking at electric options). Two people...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock