Search the forum,

Discuss Electric water heater output to combi output in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My combi boiler has packed in and i can't get a replacement fitted until next week. If I get one of those 9.5kw water heaters temporarily e.g. the ones by Red Ring or Ariston, can I send the output of that to the same pipe as the combi output without causing any problems to the water main? The boiler is an Ideal Isar, its gonna go in the skip once the new boiler is in but need something just for the week so we can wash. On the electric side I have an unused 45A shower source that could be used.

Unless you are an electrician and understand the rules and regs. My advice is don't mix water and electrics unless you really really know what you are doing. It is not something I would recommend a keen DIY'er doing.

I am a sparky and gas safe.

You could just go to a relatives/friends house?

You could use your local gym?

Plumb it yourself and get a sparky to wire it?

Thanks for your advice, didn't need to do it in the end as we managed to nurse the old boiler and kept it going just long enough until the new one was fitted.

The reason for my original question was because I was concerned about accidentally pushing hot water upstream of the water main and wasn't sure whether there's a check valve built into the internals of a combi boiler.

Worrying about safety doesn't isn't going to stop me doing something I feel I'm capable of. Everyone in society seems to be babied a bit too much these days instead of allowing people to exercise common sense. I've seen terrible work carried out by tradesmen who are supposed to be qualified in their field and conversely fantastic work carried out by non-professionals who have taken a bit of interest in something.

Just my two pence worth...

Reply to Electric water heater output to combi output in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock