Search the forum,

Discuss Electric Water Heater Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

Sorry if this is the wrong category for my question.

Looking for a little advice on an electric water heating system. I have a small cleaning area that has 2 sinks and a spray gun, this is used to clean out refurbished White Goods, so things like Fridge shelves and baskets go in the sinks and fridge cavities get sprayed, ect.

At the moment the hot water is supplied via a Galaxy Aqua Premier Water Heater 9.5Kw - 45793266

However this barely gives us any running hot water, so I am looking to get a replacement for this unit.

Space is limited and I only have a cold feed supply to the cleaning area.

Can anyone recommend any units I can upgrade to?

Cheers

DJ

Hi

The sinks get filled, so maybe 20 - 30 mins to fill sinks then the spray gets used on and off to clean the cavities so a few minutes at a time.

Cheers

DJ

Hi

I did think about a shower unit at first but the shower would be on almost 8 hours, whereas if you fill the sink and just top up the hot water every now and again would be better water wise as you can steep things in the hot water.

DJ

A 30l unvented water heater may suit your needs if you have space for it. They go from 5l up but obviously get bigger and more expensive the more stored water you require.
Whoever fits it would need a current G3 and you need to see proof of it before you let them fit it, just like you'd want to see the gas safe card of somebody working on a gas appliance.

A 30l unvented water heater may suit your needs if you have space for it. They go from 5l up but obviously get bigger and more expensive the more stored water you require.
Whoever fits it would need a current G3 and you need to see proof of it before you let them fit it, just like you'd want to see the gas safe card of somebody working on a gas appliance.

Agree that would work, just make sure its at least 3kw for the best recovery time, but personally I'd stick in a small proper direct unvented cylinder and then put a proper tap in with a spray, Running costs will be lower as better insulated and cheaper life costing as elements designed to last longer and easier to change.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I don't think I have the space required to put in a cylinder although it would be more efficient like you said.

Reply to Electric Water Heater Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock