Search the forum,

Discuss Electric Underfloor heating opinions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

ddm

Brand new to all of this but I need to go out and get my plumber/bathroom fitter an electric underfloor heating system. I have worked out from watching online videos etc that I need a 1sqm mat for my bathroom which has a radiator in, therefore it wont be the sole heating for the room. I have found it difficult in getting opinions or reviews on what brand to go for, im not too worried about just going for the cheapest just a good reliable one which can be used under tiles. The brands I have found so far are

Warmup
Elektra
Climatech

would really appreciate some thoughts and opinions on what one to go for

Thanks very much :yes:

Don't worry about the brand. They all do the same job. It is like picking a kettle out of argos without asking the wife. Anything will do because they will all work.
Also forget the working out from the video that you need 1m² of matting. You need whatever your free floor area is. If you have a rad or towel rail the underfloor is not there to heat the room (it is too expensive to run for that anyway don't believe the only costs 15p a day to run rubbish) Measure the floor space and buy the mat to suit the area. You really don't want cold spots as you will notice it if you leave any.
The point of underfloor in bathrooms is that it warms the tiles for your feet. You cover the floor area except under your sanitaryware and it is a comfort thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric Underfloor heating opinions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have underfloor heating on a couple of levels in our house. One floor was not heating and I asked advice from a plumber we have used before. I sent him pictures of the manifold in question. While this was going on I switched off fuses and replaced batteries etc. The heating has kicked...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock