Search the forum,

Discuss Electric shower supply in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I've got a house I rent out which has a combi boiler and an electric shower. I'd like to keep this setup but the tenant says the water flow from the shower is too low (like being p#ssed on - to use his expression!).
I was wondering about connecting the shower to the hot supply from the boiler instead of the cold so the shower doesnt have to do much, if any, heating of the water.
Has anyone tried this or know of any reason why it wont work ?

Electric showers are not designed to be fed with water at 50°C+, if that's what you meant. If you're lucky the shower's thermal cutout will trip and shut it off. If it's not working correctly your tennant will get a 70°C+ shower and end up in hospital with burns.

Or install a bigger kw shower the bigger kw the more flow you get

Wire will probably need upgrading tho

Look to the simple things first. If this shower performed adequately when new but is running poorly after some time, it is entirely possible that the inlet strainer is blocked causing poor flow.

If you can let me know the make and model I will find you a schematic showing the location of the inlet strainer. It is usually relatively easily accessible and something a DIYer can do themselves.

Worth looking at that first.

Hi All,
I've got a house I rent out which has a combi boiler and an electric shower. I'd like to keep this setup but the tenant says the water flow from the shower is too low (like being p#ssed on - to use his expression!).
I was wondering about connecting the shower to the hot supply from the boiler instead of the cold so the shower doesnt have to do much, if any, heating of the water.
A Combi boiler with an Electric Shower is a great set up and flexible re bills for your
tennant....tell them. Do not try out your idea. It depends on the location and age of the shower it might be scaled up...check filter and shower head...if rocked up they are only £50 to replace anyway. centralheatking

Look to the simple things first. If this shower performed adequately when new but is running poorly after some time, it is entirely possible that the inlet strainer is blocked causing poor flow.

If you can let me know the make and model I will find you a schematic showing the location of the inlet strainer. It is usually relatively easily accessible and something a DIYer can do themselves.

Worth looking at that first.
Thanks for replying. These are new tenants so the flow may not have worsened, they just may be more fussy than the previous ones. I'll have a look next time I go round. The shower is on the top floor of a 3 storey house and the consumer unit is on the ground floor so it would be a nightmare to increase the kilowattage. Just trying to think outside the box a bit. What if I put a blender valve in and supplied the shower with water at about 30 degrees?

Reply to Electric shower supply in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock