Search the forum,

Discuss Electric shower from cold water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Could anybody advise me whether an electric shower can be installed from the rising cold water main that feeds a cold water storage tank.
Or if it can be installed from the tank on a shower pump.
Or if you'd avoid fitting an electric shower on a cold water storage tank water system.

Many thanks.

I don’t think I know of an electric shower that runs from a cold water storage tank, or a pump. They’re usually off a mains supply, but might want a separate feed as if the tank is drawing the same time for the cylinder, you may notice a decrease in flow rate.

Could anybody advise me whether an electric shower can be installed from the rising cold water main that feeds a cold water storage tank.
Or if it can be installed from the tank on a shower pump.
Or if you'd avoid fitting an electric shower on a cold water storage tank water system.

Many thanks.

I don’t really see why you couldn’t/shouldn’t feed an electric shower from a pump either from a tank or a rising main.

So long as the pump outlet pressure is less than the maximum working pressure of the shower.

The shower doesn’t know if the 3 bar of water is coming from a pump in your loft or one at your local treatment plant.

One consideration would be surge on the pump staring, you may want to fit a small accumulator to act as pulsation damper.

One factor in running from your CW header thank is they often accumulate scale/debris. You may have issues with shower heads blocking etc.

Yes you can connect to the rising main that feeds the cws tank. This is the way to do your job.

For an electric shower don’t even consider connecting to the cws tank itself or mucking around with pumps.

Yes you can connect to the rising main that feeds the cws tank. This is the way to do your job.

For an electric shower don’t even consider connecting to the cws tank itself or mucking around with pumps.

Any reason you’re against a pump/tank set up?

Salamander and others provide info/products for doing it. Admittedly it’s not something I’ve ever seen in the wild but I’m struggling for a reason why you couldn’t/shouldn’t.

Last edited:
Why would you?

Extra cost of pump and install, something else to go wrong. It will still be a cr*ppy electric shower.

If mains pressure is inadequate then pump from hot/cold to a thermostatic mixer shower,

Anyway OP has posted another thread which I have answered , and it seems an electric shower is not actually what they require....

Why would you?

Extra cost of pump and install, something else to go wrong. It will still be a cr*ppy electric shower.

If mains pressure is inadequate then pump from hot/cold to a thermostatic mixer shower,

Anyway OP has posted another thread which I have answered , and it seems an electric shower is not actually what they require..

OP asked if you can pump an electric shower, no reason you can't. I can see a few cases where it would be an option to consider:

1) Poor water pressure and a combi that cant supply enough flow for two miser showers:
2) Poor water pressure and a small DHW where the volume isn't large enough to supply two showers for a reasonable period.
3) A finished bathroom where an electric shower exists and access to install pipework for a mixer is problematic.

Any reason you’re against a pump/tank set up?

Salamander and others provide info/products for doing it. Admittedly it’s not something I’ve ever seen in the wild but I’m struggling for a reason why you couldn’t/shouldn’t.
I would consider this approach over complicated chking
[automerge]1569331581[/automerge]
Why would you?

Anyway OP has posted another thread which I have answered , and it seems an electric shower is not actually what they require..

Where is that Ben G ..I must be missing something happy days
centralheatking

I would consider this approach over complicated chking
[automerge]1569331581[/automerge]

Where is that Ben G ..I must be missing something happy days
centralheatking
If you search for “shower options” you will find it from the OP.

Sorry I don’t know how to link, I’m sure it’s doable but I’m a little challenged in that area.

You can click on the persons username, and then click the little number under posts, and it shows you their posts. :)

Screenshot_20190924-183743.png

Reply to Electric shower from cold water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock