Search the forum,

Discuss Electric Shower - connecting a brass compression joint to plastic spigot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maxrob

I'm about to connect a replacement electric shower.

The shower has a 15mm plastic spigot and the cold feed has a 15mm brass compression joint.
I've read I should use a new copper olive, but should I also use a jointing compound or ptfe on the olive to ensure a good leak free connection.

Any comments would be welcomed

Depends who you speak to. New olive and a smear of compound, but dont get the compound inside the fitting. Could block filter on shower.

V2 JetLube paste is good. Expensive though.
For the spigot joint you could compress the olive and then remove the fitting and wrap a couple of turns of ptfe tape over the olive. Brass or copper olives are fine on those hard plastic shower spigots.

Always just wrap a few rounds of loctite 55 on the made side of olive = job done

how about reading the instruction manual that will probably inform you not to use any jointing compound as it can damage the plastic spigot amongst other things. It doesnt help to invalidate the warranty during the installation process.

this post has been edited to remove expletives.......

Thanks for the info. much appreciated. Dont worry I'll read the instruction manual when the shower arrives :wink_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric Shower - connecting a brass compression joint to plastic spigot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock