Search the forum,

Discuss electric heating . Elson. HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This is right out of my depth. Original problem was that the overflow had been running for so long and so much that the brickwork has started crumbling. Changed the valve. Tested the controls, check seemed to work. Although I thought that the emersion was wired into the shower pump, and the "programmer" wasn't. Heating cost him a fortune lady week.
A few days later fella rang up, central heating not working?!
Old 3 port, pumped for ch. See picture, if I can attach. The thing is there's no boiler? I didn't look in the loft, but, feels said there's nothing up there. Recently bought the flat. It seems to be emersion only.
It's an ELSON tank. Well two, one which i think it's the cold, supply, And the other the with an f+e above, in one? There's two coils and an emersion. Really old controls- Randal - blue/red and flip switch for dhw/ check. Any advice or links to find what it's all about. Checked the 3 port and it seems to be switching. It's a wet one.
Alternatively replacement electric ?...?...?

Whoops picture 20160928_095353_resized.jpg

This is just the lower tank. Thanks for reading, if anyone is still there. :death:

Ages later..
.. it was a back boiler but no idea where as customer - had to get someone else is - I was busy and they found it!! Felt like a right plonker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electric heating . Elson. HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor circulating the hot water. There are two wall-mounted time adjustment thingies—one for hot water and heating, and the other for the motor. Oh, and...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock