Search the forum,

Discuss Electric heater for wet underfloor heating in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

AndreF

Hello

I've got a wet ufh heated by gas boiler. Is it possible to connect an indoor electric heat pump or heater that would fit in the utility room cupboard and be used during the day when solar panels are generating excess electricity?

I suspect that the days with excess solar energy will be mainly when you won’t want the UFH on .

solar production in the winter is limited to say the least

Reply to Electric heater for wet underfloor heating in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct actuators, which they are. the cupboard where the UFH system is gets hot when I turn up the thermostats in one or all zones. The boiler is coming on but the...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock