From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Electric & Electrical | Retraining to become a self employed Electrician - HELP REQUIRED PLEASE in the Talk Electrician Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumbase - Special Offers and Perks on Plumbing Deals
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electric News

Official Sponsor
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum so please excuse any stupid questions which may come below. Sorry if this is long winded but I want to give a good overview of my situation to ensure I get the best advice.

I have very basic electrical knowledge and experience but I enjoy and get satisfaction from doing hands on DIY electrical work. I can change light switches, plug sockets etc - Generally very hands on and have a basic understanding of the science behind electrical work.

I'm only 24 and want to change my professional career to become a self employed Electrician. The problem is that i'm currently working in an a complete different industry (office work). I really do not enjoy it but it pays for my mortgage and other bills. I ultimately want to work for myself as an electrician (maybe start working in evenings and weekends and eventually take it on full time)

I've researched quite a bit and it seems I have some options available to get qualified but i'm...

Retraining to become a self employed Electrician - HELP REQUIRED PLEASE

Click Retraining to become a self employed Electrician - HELP REQUIRED PLEASE to continue reading this thread.

This content has been posted from our Electrical Advice website. You're welcome to reply to the question or post your own question, whether DIY or professional.

Reply to Electric & Electrical | Retraining to become a self employed Electrician - HELP REQUIRED PLEASE in the Talk Electrician Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs