From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Electric & Electrical | I would like some help to bypass a touchscreen climate control (strictly fan speed and vent settings (eg, floor/dash). in the Talk Electrician Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Electric News

Official Sponsor
I would like some help to bypass a touchscreen climate control (strictly fan speed and vent settings (eg, floor/dash).

Background - 2003 Acura mdx. For some idiotic reason Acura designed the climate control fan speed and vent configuration into the touch screen. Not a terrible thing but asking for issues.. this is not my issue.
Acura designed the navigation system that runs from a DVD head unit under the passenger front seat, up to the dash screen. Great that's where it should be.

Well, if the navigation unit crashes for any number of reasons and won't load (literally hundreds of threads online about this happening) you cannot access your climate controls. Because if the navigation won't finish booting, the screen won't show your climate controls. You can't shut it off, in plug it, upgrade it, anything. Your out of luck unless you want to pay 3k for a new, but outdated 17 year old navigation system or a used one for a few hundred bucks that will inevitably have the same...

I would like some help to bypass a touchscreen climate control (strictly fan speed and vent settings (eg, floor/dash).

Click I would like some help to bypass a touchscreen climate control (strictly fan speed and vent settings (eg, floor/dash). to continue reading this thread.

This content has been posted from our Electrical Advice website. You're welcome to reply to the question or post your own question, whether DIY or professional.

Reply to Electric & Electrical | I would like some help to bypass a touchscreen climate control (strictly fan speed and vent settings (eg, floor/dash). in the Talk Electrician Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares