Search the forum,

Discuss Electric boiler inhibit relay in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Tom Duncan

I had an electric boiler installed recently which required the boiler to be inhibited by an electric shower. The proposed installer wanted to use a Heatrae Sadia Relay RL1. I stopped this, as an electrical engineer this unit is NOT complaint to electrical regs unless the cables to the fuse supplying this unit are at least the same size as the shower supply cable (generally 6 or 10mm). It's highly unlikely and completely impractical to wire a fused spur with these sized cables. This is a very poor solution and could also be a fire hazard if the installer uses smaller sized cable (as indicated on the unit drawing). I found a far better solution which uses current flow and not voltage on the internet, this is safer and also far bettwer as only inhibits the boiler when the shower is in use and hot water flowing. SwitchR Boiler Inhibit Relay | Water Automation - https://www.waterauto.co.uk/product-page/switchr-boiler-inhibit-relay

Reply to Electric boiler inhibit relay in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
D
I currently have an 8.5kw electric shower on a gravity fed system in bathroom which doesn't give great flow when hot turned up but to get a 10mm cable to fuse board would be really difficult at best (I've checked and on 6mm at the minute) I would like a mains shower however changing to unvented...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I am unsure what are the regulations as to how close the pipework coming out of the bottom of my combi boiler can be to the electrical fuse spur? Also, how close can the magna flow be to the electric cable? At present water drips from the pipes coming out of the bottom of the combi boiler onto...
Replies
Views
N
Hi, i'm looking for some advice on improving the performance of my electric shower as it frequently fluctuates in temperature and flow. The 8.5kw shower was installed in April so is fairly new, the property however is a terraced house with 1.6 bar water pressure at the stopcock, any kind of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock