Search the forum,

Discuss ecoFIT pure 830 temperature control in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have chosen to set the CH temp to 63, but often find the water temp is displayed as high as 66, even when heat is staill being called for. Is this to be expected/normal?

I have chosen to set the CH temp to 63, but often find the water temp is displayed as high as 66, even when heat is staill being called for. Is this to be expected/normal?
The displayed temperature is often taken from the cylinder top whereas the cylinder stat is installed ~ 1/4 the way up the cylinder, this is to start heating the water as soon as a relatively small volume is drawn off, say 30/50 litres. The coil is heating from the top down so your stat might call for heat at (63-5) 58C even though the cylinder top is slill at 63C and by the time the stat is satisfied again at 63C then the cylinder top wil be higher, in your case by 3C, 66C.
I use a spare contact on my solar controller + PT1000 (very accurate) sensors to open/close the coil motorized valve at 55/60C, the sensor temperature is exactly60C at shut off but the cylinder top varies between 62/64C depending on hot water drawoff.
Probably if the circulation through the coil was from the bottom to the top then there may be little or no variation?.

Sorry, misread you post, forget above.

The boiler should maintain the SP but will only do this if its minimum output is > the CH demand, if not, then it will continue to rise to normally SP+5C so will then cut out if it reaches 68C in your case

I don’t think the issue is with the boiler on constantly (link could be correct for this problem), but with the boiler temp over shooting the set flow temp.
So shouldn't stop the burner firing at SP temperature or it is and just going overtemp a little after burner shutdown?

So shouldn't stop the burner firing at SP temperature or it is and just going overtemp a little after burner shutdown?

I’m unsure.

We need more info really.

TBH, without other problems, I probably wouldn’t spend anytime fixing what is pretty much a non issue.

I wouldn't be too happy with that, especially in the summer with no demand for CH and boiler firing constantly on/off on its own stat, there may well be a wire coming from the programmer to the boiler link via the roostats and Mot. valves and just remove the link and insert in the 0V terminal at the boiler.?., like this one in a recent thread.

Attachments

• Link.png
    Link.png
    782.9 KB · Views: 6
I’m unsure.

We need more info really.

TBH, without other problems, I probably wouldn’t spend anytime fixing what is pretty much a non issue.
The boiler shuts down when the stat no longer calls for heat. It occurs when the house is below the house/stat SP but the boiler water temp rises above the boiler's SP for water temp.

@John.g 's explanation above sounds reasonable "The boiler should maintain the SP but will only do this if its minimum output is > the CH demand, if not, then it will continue to rise to normally SP+5C so will then cut out if it reaches 68C in your case". But this is supposed to be a modulating boiler and the radiators are still hot when this happens, suggesting heat output and demand from the boiler is still quite high. Difficult to tell to be honest...

As you say though, if it's not considered broke no point in trying to fix it. I suppose the slightly higher running temp is not materially going to affect its efficiency re condensating?

I mightn't, have worded that quite correctly but. If the rads heat demand is say 4kw and the boiler min output is 5 kw then the boiler temp will continue to rise until SP+5C , the burner will then cut out, the pump should continue to run the burner will then refire after the anti cycle time has elapsed and the cycle is repeated

I mightn't, have worded that quite correctly but. If the rads heat demand is say 4kw and the boiler min output is 5 kw then the boiler temp will continue to rise until SP+5C , the burner will then cut out, the pump should continue to run the burner will then refire after the anti cycle time has elapsed and the cycle is repeated
Yeah and it's all subjective, sadly. With many rads as hot as ever to the touch, it 'feels' like the boiler should be working hard, but perhaps not. Will keep an eye on it. Thanks all for the responses, appreciated.

I also bunged a mail to Vaillant. Will update here if there's any/different conclusion.

Your's seems to have a relatively high minimum output of 6.3kw so will definitely cycle IMO during times of low demand with mild weather conditions.

So another short and to the to the point response from Vaillant... "The temperature on the boiler display is the temperature of the main heat exchanger."

So I guess the implication is that is not, necessarily, that representative of the water temp anyway.

I would think that (Vaillant) is correct, its the temperature of the water leaving the (main) heat exchanger, also known as the boiler flow temperature or just boiler temperature and the boiler display should show just that.

Last edited:

Reply to ecoFIT pure 830 temperature control in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock