Search the forum,

Discuss Ecodan advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LesleyC

We have moved into a property with an Ecodan air source heating system (some underfloor heating and some radiators). I have set it to run 24hrs as it is winter. We also have a gas aga with aims but this is for cooking only. Mostly the house is warm house, but there are areas that are not so warm, such as the downstairs shower room that only has a heated towel rail, and the extension that has under floor heating. I need someone to guide me with this, I also need someone who knows what they are doing to service the system as it is 2 years old. Mitsubishi is too expensive.

Servicing on an ecodan is basic, it's all in the user manual.

Setting up your heating system requires a professional to come and look at it and identify any faults / reconfiguration etc.

Rule 1 with heat pumps, they aren't boilers, don't switch them on and off, don't turn the heating up and down, program it and leave it to do it's job, it will work most efficiently then. Properly designed they are 'right sized' and use weather compensation / heat curves as standard.

Our experience is that often the ufh actuators are mis-wired (linked to the wrong stat :) ) found that 3 times in the last 3 visits to 'other' installers systems.

Thank you Worcester, so do I need an Ecodan engineer, or would a regular heating engineer be able to service and make any necessary fixes (Mitsubishi said it would need a antifreeze top up).

PM me your contact info I am Mitsubishi Ecodan approved installer also not to far from your location

Last edited:
Thank you Worcester, so do I need an Ecodan engineer, or would a regular heating engineer be able to service and make any necessary fixes (Mitsubishi said it would need a antifreeze top up).

Spk to quality, you need someone that knows heat pumps. And I'd always go for an approved installer

A big thumbs up to quality for his advice and inspection. Very pleasant and knowledgeable chap, I can now relax and enjoy my heating system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ecodan advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock