Search the forum,

Discuss Eco tec plus combi in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Done service on eco tec plus - all working on leaving. Next evening get a call to say now F70 & F42 fault codes coming up.

Which say incorrect part fitted or not set up, only thing I replaced was combustion door gasket.

Apart from that just gave it clean and done safety checks as normal.

Anyone any ideas as going back tomorrow?

Thanks in advance

Done service on eco tec plus - all working on leaving. Next evening get a call to say now F70 & F42 fault codes coming up.

Which say incorrect part fitted or not set up, only thing I replaced was combustion door gasket.

Apart from that just gave it clean and done safety checks as normal.

Anyone any ideas as going back tomorrow?

Thanks in advance
Did you ask if it was working correctly before you serviced it? Been bitten by that before.

Thanks for responses.

I haven't been back yet, going back tomorrow but usually if something is unplugged it would come up straight away.

I turned it all on before starting and was working. And was working for 24hrs after before I received the call.

I find pcb with valiant & glowworm can fail when turning boiler off and on so.mighr be glitch on board.

I will check all connections when there tomorrow, was hoping someone experienced similar on here

Yep try the hair dryer trick

don’t turn them off now just turn temp down and isolate gas

Not had F42 before, but always work on Ecotec Pro’s. Turned many of these off, not usually had an issue, that said we carry parts. It may be you have knocked something?

Attachments

• 32EBDF87-EC77-419B-B465-10277A633DF2.jpeg
    32EBDF87-EC77-419B-B465-10277A633DF2.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 1
Just an update, went there today and all working on arrival. Called valliant and as soon as i mentioned it they seemed to know about it as if it is a common issue. Basically they said take apart all connectors and blow in them and resemble ensuring pushed in fully, guy on phone seemed confident this would solve it.

Time will tell

Reply to Eco tec plus combi in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock