Search the forum,

Discuss Earthing requirements for combi boiler linked to LPG bottles. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

zen

I have 2 lpg gas bottles outside the barn with new combi boiler inside.
my entire plumbing inside the cottage is now redone in plastic apart from feeds to the boiler.
the boiler is close to a sink
Can anyone suggest what earthing I will require and is any earth bonding required under the boiler?
Can I connect into an under counter earth terminal within a double socket which goes directly back to the CU and if so would an RCD socket be a safer option?
Or can I put in a new copper earth rod just outside near the bottles and connect a second earth to some part of the gas or water feeds ?
not sure if you can have 2 earth rods feeding the same property ?
many thanks in advance

The lpg will need everything as it enters the property as it's an incoming service.

@Murdoch

Equipotential bonding, to give the proper term , means that all services are connected back to the MET or fuseboard.

An external earth rod would not be suitable, nor would connecting it to a random socket.

If in doubt, I would recommend you consult a local spark

Hope this helps

Equipotential bonding, to give the proper term , means that all services are connected back to the MET or fuseboard.

An external earth rod would not be suitable, nor would connecting it to a random socket.

Hope this helps
Thanks Simon- I was just elsewhere informed that the gas bottles are not classed as an external service - they have rubber pigtails connecting to the regulator isolating them from gas feed and in turn the boiler and the rest of the house electrical earth system - is this not correct? should I therefore just bond all the underside of the boiler terminals inc the gas pipe?

Hope this helps

Apologies, hit the dislike rather than like. Amended.
[automerge]1577104467[/automerge]
Thanks Simon- I was just elsewhere informed that the gas bottles are not classed as an external service - they have rubber pigtails connecting to the regulator isolating them from gas feed and in turn the boiler and the rest of the house electrical earth system - is this not correct? should I therefore just bond all the underside of the boiler terminals inc the gas pipe?

Earth bonding is all about your safety.
I'd go with Murdochs advice above.

Reply to Earthing requirements for combi boiler linked to LPG bottles. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock