Search the forum,

Discuss Dust Sheets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Probably a really stupid question, but does anyone have any recommendations on dust sheets? Brands etc.
I'd like to get a couple of decent dust sheets rather than buy cheap crap I have to replace every month.

Cheers all
Jay

I've just bought dicky dyer floor covers, (honest they're called that). They're like a plastic on one side and absorbant on the other. They do a rad sheet with pipe cout out/ slits, and a hall oblong runner. I use plastic film for the stairs, everywhere else where there's not much foot fall ordinary sheets/curtains/duvet covers.

I've just bought dicky dyer floor covers, (honest they're called that).

What else would they be called? Dickie Dyer (yes, there actually is such a person) has been calling on us since WAY before my time. I have a feeling he may just have retired.

A mere spring chicken though, compared to the legendary Les Jackman, who called on us well into his nineties, after 70+ years in the trade.

They don't make 'em like that any more.

Sweet, I'll check it out :) cheers

I had a dickie dyer maintenance mat years ago was working in a care home and an old girl hoicked up her gown and proceeded to urinate all over it. Have to say I was impressed not one bit made it through... Swiftly folded the Matt and binned it there and then

I only use old curtains and quilt covers. The advantage is they are easily washable and last forever. I've been tempted to try putting a sheet through a wash with nik-wax or similar to make them waterproof, not sure how effective it will be.

' They don't make 'em like that any more.'

Don't sell yourself too short Ray.
Folk may same the same thing about you in a few years!

Curtains here too.

Have a load of magnolia coloured ones.
Seems to work with everyones decor..

I've just bought dicky dyer floor covers, (honest they're called that). They're like a plastic on one side and absorbant on the other. They do a rad sheet with pipe cout out/ slits, and a hall oblong runner. I use plastic film for the stairs, everywhere else where there's not much foot fall ordinary sheets/curtains/duvet covers.

Just looked at them Dicky dyer covers they look alright
What your opinion on them having used them ? thanks

I've got a couple of the blue ones toolstation sell called "onetuff" dustsheet. Very good dust sheets that are waterproof and not dangerously slippy on stairs like the poly backed cotton twill ones. Also they don't hold half a tonne of dust in them like cotton ones.

My mate still reckons they look like I've nicked them out of a hospital though.

I've got a couple of the blue ones toolstation sell called "onetuff" dustsheet. Very good dust sheets that are waterproof and not dangerously slippy on stairs like the poly backed cotton twill ones. Also they don't hold half a tonne of dust in them like cotton ones.

Will have to check those out. I just got a couple of the poly backed ones from Screwfix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dust Sheets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock