Search the forum,

Discuss Durgo/AAV under sink question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Bes

Hi there

We moved our kitchen sink, dishwasher, and washing machine during a renovation and as a result have a much longer wastewater pipe now. I have been advised to fit an AAV before I will be issued with a building cert.

I am a bit confused reading about AAVs and I am new to this, but...

It seems there are a few different types, but in order to pass building regs you need to use an A1-rated valve IF you want to have the valve BELOW the sink overflow level (Which I do as I would put it under the kitchen sink so it's easy to get at).

Am I interpreting the rules & regs correctly? Would something like this T'ed off the sink waste do the job?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flopl...VjLHtCh3VeQ1TEAQYASABEgK_q_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks!

Thank you - we actually failed the first inspection based on a couple of little things and this was on the notes the BC gave us so I’d guess I had better do it! I have no idea why either - I am quite new to plumbing. Long story but we fell out with our builder just before he finished the job so I am doing the last bits myself.

So no matter where on the waste pipe I put the AAV (all 3 appliances connect in to the same pipe) so long as it is accessible I am safe from a regs perspective?

Thanks

Reply to Durgo/AAV under sink question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have have purchased 3 Mermaid wall panels to replace the tiles in our shower. These panels are 3mm in thickness. After removing the existing wall tiles, I have discovered that there is a gap around the entire shower tray, in some places the gap is greater than 3mm, the thickness of the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Morning, Moved house a few months ago and first issue is having a slight leak on tap in kitchen. Went under sink to turn off water and there are four valves I can see as per attached photos. Tried turning all clockwise 90 degrees as per usual but water still coming out of tap. Am I missing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock