Search the forum,

Discuss Duravit bidet interfering with Geberit Sigma80 flush panel in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I had a Duravit Sensowash bidet installed onto a concealed cistern, with Geberit Sigma 80 flush panel. I now have a problem that when the bidet's lid is opened, it covers the flush panel, and messes with it. Basically, even when the lid is lowered, the flush panel is not getting activated.

Any ideas if this can somehow be addressed?

As my thinking is that it can't, can you advise if I'll have any trouble replacing the Sigma 80 with any other Sigma panel, like Sigma 60, for example? Will I need any other parts, or just need to buy Sigma 60? (Note that if anything originally came with the Geberit Duofix cistern and was not needed for Sigma 80, I would not have it anymore...)

Thanks!

what did you end up doing? i m planning on doing the exact same thing ie installing a sigma80 along with duravit sensowash and didn’t think there could potentially be any problem

Just to give you some context here. 3 years ago we redid our master bathroom. we installed a sigma60 with sensowash. Last year we redid our guest bathroom. We installed sigma70 with sensowash. For our last main bathroom i was settled to use sigma80 with sensowash (we are in the early stages yet).

Last month my wife asked if we could install a sigma70 on our master bathroom as well as she did like the smooth sigma70 flush we have in our guest bathroom. I ordered it and now having problems installing it.

This is how i landed here. Looking for a solution to my sigma70 problem. which means now i have yet another problem. to rethink what we will do in our main bathroom. Can you please give a bit more specifics? what exactly was not working with sigma80? i imagine that even if the lid was not automatic but manual you would still have the same issue as even in that case the lid would end up in front of the flush when open.

First world problems but still problems:)

Just to give you some context here. 3 years ago we redid our master bathroom. we installed a sigma60 with sensowash. Last year we redid our guest bathroom. We installed sigma70 with sensowash. For our last main bathroom i was settled to use sigma80 with sensowash (we are in the early stages yet).

Last month my wife asked if we could install a sigma70 on our master bathroom as well as she did like the smooth sigma70 flush we have in our guest bathroom. I ordered it and now having problems installing it.

This is how i landed here. Looking for a solution to my sigma70 problem. which means now i have yet another problem. to rethink what we will do in our main bathroom. Can you please give a bit more specifics? what exactly was not working with sigma80? i imagine that even if the lid was not automatic but manual you would still have the same issue as even in that case the lid would end up in front of the flush when open.

First world problems but still problems:)
Yes, it won't matter whether the lid opens automatically or not. When Sigma80 is obstructed (for extended period of time?) it goes into some sort of service mode, with the color bars flashing. And it won't flush in this mode. You need to wait for some time for it to get out of that mode. Really annoying, totally unusable

Reply to Duravit bidet interfering with Geberit Sigma80 flush panel in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock