Search the forum,

Discuss Dunsley removal and unvented conversion to sealed. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Need to pick a couple of brains whilst exposing my chasm of limited understanding.

Before I qualified, about 10 years ago we had a Dunsley neutraliser fitted, combining a Firebird oil boiler and a Hunter multifuel. Over time we've never really been happy with the set up and have a shower pump which obviously makes a hell of a racket.
I managed to get a pre plumbed 170ltr heatrae Sadia unvented for a very good price from city in a fit of pique, and plan to relocate the cylinder to downstairs close to boiler, ( I have my G3 ) disconnect and replace the multifuel with a standard stove as it's seen better days, The existing pipework for the flow and returns is in 28mm with 15mm drops to the rads, there are 15 rads it's a very old house. The boiler has a pump connected to return on top of the boiler and another on the Dunsley all 28mm. I'm confident I can make the conversion but the connections on the unvented are in 22mm. My questions are is this going to have a negative effect on the flow rate and if so would I be better to keep the pump on the boiler or have I brought a lemon and need 28mm from the unvented or can I make the connection and scale up to 28mm immediately. Repiping isn't an option and all the 15mm was replaced with install, alternatively would cct,s be an option.

Thanks for reading, any input would be appreciated.

Whats the output of the boiler? Can you not keep primaries in 28 and drop down to 22 after zone valve?
If its a simple s plan system then I see no need for CCT'S or am I misreading the above?

Reply to Dunsley removal and unvented conversion to sealed. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
I'm moving over to a sealed system on my EcoTec 38kw boiler. The old flow and return were in 28mm which was there long before the Vailant was installed. I'm running 10 rads with a small UFH circuit and unvented cylinder. Could i get away with replacing the 28mm to 22mm instead on the...
Replies
Views
We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to have a good water pressure there. What we want, is to either be able to run multiple showers at once, or if one person is having a shower, other...
Replies
Views
I have NuHeat UFH system, and this has no Thermostatic Blending valve on the heating circuit. (Heat Master II cylinder has pick up coil) Nu-Heat System installed - This means I can't run store above 60C due to risk of overheating UFH pipes. I want to add a Thermostatic Mixing valve so have...
Replies
Views
Hello. I need some urgent advice re water pressure in an unvented system. A few months back, I had my gravity fed system + boiler changed to an unvented cylinder + system boiler. The water pressure following the swap was incredible. We were originally talking about putting in a mains booster...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock