Search the forum,

Discuss Dudley ballvalve for toilet cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

BN9Pete

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Anyone fitted the new Dudley Delta bottom entry float operated valve ( ball valve ) ?
I use this type on the traditional style close coupled, handle type toilet cistern, Screwfix and Toolstation sell this type but my local merchants sell one with adjustable height as well as the arm and brass tail.
Fitted a few recently and had problems with them not shutting down, tried changing the washer but no joy.
Ended up going back to a couple of jobs now and changing valves because of issue.
Dudley did a similar valve a couple of years back called a Tetra, this valve was very good and I had little or no problems with this type.
I prefer the modern fill valves like Fluidmaster or Dudley Hydroflo but these don’t fit some cisterns with a syphon and handle being in the way.
Anyone else had issues with the new Dudley valve?
Also what do you fit in handle type cisterns?
EFD871FD-5836-479D-9B6A-7CF12F3A5DD9.jpeg

Reply to Dudley ballvalve for toilet cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, we were misadvised on how much a Lusso Stone cistern could be cut down (by both the architects and Lusso). The bathroom has been plumbed / tiled / had boxing out built and it is now apparent that the Lusso cistern is too high. We are urgently looking for a concealed cistern that is...
Replies
Views
Hello, does anyone know of a side fill valve that works in very low pressure situations? I installed two separate new side fill valves on my concealed cistern today, a Fluidmaster and a Dudley, both didn't seal properly. From reading reviews and forums it looks like it's due to the very low...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock