Search the forum,

Discuss Dual Zone in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Looking for some advice please. I live in france. We have a house with an attached cottage. We have no heating in our house but the cottage has a combi boiler and central heating rads. Seeing as this cottage is rarely used in the winter it seems daft not to add some rads to the boiler for our part.
The cottage has 9 rads and we want 5. I'm told the boiler is man enough in case we ever do need to heat both places.
On our 5 rads I intend to have Hive wifi TRV's so we can have total control of our rads.
Still with me? Good.
I'd like to lose the room stat and timer from the cottage so I can control it from my side. I'd like to have the boiler operate 100% on my rads or 100% on the cottage rads or 50/50.
So, I think I'm looking for advice on a valve that'd acheive that. It'd need to be opertated from my side as there'd be no access to the boiler if the cottage was occupied.
Also a remote timer so i can control the cottage rads on/off. These rads have TRV's but I can't run to renewing them with wifi models.
Hmmmm, thoughts please.

Cheers,

Keith.

I think it would just be a case of adding in x2 two port zone valves. Room thermosta’s control the zone valves, but I think it would be better if the cottage had independently controlled thermostat, otherwise theirs would turn off when yours did. You could add a timer to your side to control when the heating came on, or perhaps a Nest thermostat controlled via an app?

S plan the system and then two hives one for each system

Reply to Dual Zone in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock