Search the forum,

Discuss Dual flush toilet leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a dual flush toilet that's leaking water from the cistern to the bowl. I've taken the flush system out cleaned the washer of gunk, cleaned the bottom of the tank and it's still leaking-in fact it was leaking more at 1st! I rotated the unit a little and it slowed down; I can't rotate it more though. Do you think the washer needs replacing? I've checked it, it looks tight ton the unit, cannot see any cracks or splits on it. It is 15+ years old though.... Any advice gratefully accepted.

Sounds like the washer or the unit might be gummed up so binding up when closing ? Does it move smoothly?

When you say 'cleaned the bottom of the tank', did you clean the inside of the flush valve 'socket', ie the surface that the washer seals against. That can get a calcium deposit on it that encourages a leak.

Reply to Dual flush toilet leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in my opinion, I have replaced the washer and complete unit several times but it always leaks within a short time (between 0-18 months), I would like to...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Hi guys So a bit of a dilemma Normal WC Unit height 766mm which is around the average mark. quite alot of bogs lets say the flush pipe center from floor is 330-340ish. However I have a comfort height Pan here and the center to the flush pipe from floor is 405MM So we're looking 65-75mm...
Replies
Views
B
My toilet was slow flushing. I did some research and discovered it needed a new diaphragm washer. I managed to replace that. It now works. But now it trickles water into the bowl between flushes and then there is an odd noise randomly. I turned the water off at the mains and now the water...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I noticed when I was cleaning the toilet the other day that there are some large cracks just under the rim jet area of my toilet bowl. The toilet itself is old, I've not noticed it before, but I dont usually go looking inside the toilet much, just pop some bleach up there etc. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock