Search the forum,

Discuss Dual Flow kitchen taps and bath deck mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone advise on makes/models of dual flow mono kitchen mixer taps that work for mixed pressure feed suppies - gravity hot and mains cold ?

Also same for a bath deck mixer ?

I know it can be a pain sometimes finding a tap that doesnt force the cold back through the hot pipe when both taps are opened together.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
With a deck mixer, the actual valves are not combined, they're at each side, so you should be fine with any deck mixer as the mixed water will come out of the tap spout, water will take the easiest route.
Same goes for kitchen if you get a deck type mixer.

The point of that kind of 'laminar flow' is to stop the mixing and possible contamination as you say. If you fit NRVs in both lines that does the same I believe.

Correct regarding your reasons for fitting NRV's but this will also restrict the flow through the hot so want to avoid installing any

If you would like advice on here might I suggest you give people appropriate information upon which they can off that advice. Otherwise, like I feel now, they will simply not bother. Good luck and I hope someone manages to read your mind in a manner that satisfies you... :rolleyes:

Kitchen tap isnt to much of a problem, struggling a bit for a dual flow bath/shower deck mixer tho
You won't find a dual flow bath/shower mixer. The purpose of a dual flow is that the hot and cold supplies mix only after exiting the tap outlet. A bath/shower mixer cannot achieve this. Some of these come fitted with built in single check valves which will prevent backflow but for those without them built in, you are required by the water regs to install them on the inlet pipe. Whether this restricts flow or not is irellevent as it's the law.

Reply to Dual Flow kitchen taps and bath deck mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock