Search the forum,

Discuss Dry run protection for DC Solar Pump sourcing water from a borehole in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

B

barnaby_david_king

We are installing solar power irrigation systems for smallholding farmers in Rural Ghana,

We have 12V DC 0.18kW (max 20A) pumps, there only power source will be a voltage varying from 15-20V coming from solar panels.

The boreholes are narrow, therefore is not much room for a float switch,

The max flow is 20 Litres per minute but more typical flows would be 5-10 liters a minute

Can anyone advise on flow or pressure switch solutions (I have done a google but I don't have experience in this area and am not confident myself)

Ideally, there would be no second power source or battery needed, and the solution should be as low-cost as possible. something under £20 per unit for 20 units would be ideal.

(It's a charity project replicating 20 units - so cost is important)

let me know if I missed out any key info

Reply to Dry run protection for DC Solar Pump sourcing water from a borehole in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are installing solar power irrigation systems for smallholding farmers in Rural Ghana, We have 12V DC 0.18kW (max 20A) pumps, there only power source will be a voltage varying from 15-20V coming from solar panels. The boreholes are narrow, therefore is not much room for a float switch, The...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar diverters are nothing new, but as far as I can see the current hybrid systems all require a change of boiler and I'm going to propose a system which could use...
Replies
Views
G
Hi. I'm not a plumber so hope i can provide you with enough info. Appreciate anyone who can advise. Trying to keep this as simple as possible.....it's a query as to whether something inherently will work or not. I live on a farm. We are not on mains water. We are gravity fed from...
Replies
Views
Gerry101
G
J
Hi, New to the forum, experienced DIYer, looking for some advise. I am currently exploring upgrading our back boiler unit to an Aquatherm 34KW log stove and am unsure about which type of cylinder would be best for our situation. The cylinder now is vented and gravity fed with two coils, one for...
Replies
Views
bennygas
B
M
Re-posted from the Hello Forum (I had so much trouble trying to post this last night owing to one word -j1gg3ry! - I gave up and went to bed in the end). Hello I have wandered over here to the plumbing forum the sparkies forum. I have a background in electrical engineering, but this was a long...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock