Search the forum,

Discuss Driving rain in Norfolk 🌧️ in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
We've had heavy rain and 60 mile a hour winds in Norfolk for the past 36 hours , I've been out twice water dripping out the bottom of boilers it's just the adverse weather and wind causing driving rain to enter the air intake on the flue, anyone had this lately ?? Any way of preventing this I don't know of any ?? . Kop

We've had heavy rain and 60 mile a hour winds in Norfolk for the past 36 hours.
Tell me about it mate! Don`t mind being gently rocked to sleep on the boat nor the pitter patter of rain on the roof but can`t see the quayside this morning and the wellies are in the van which is in a 6" deep paddling pool!

At least the water is slowly, very slowly going down.

No mate standard horizontal gas flue.
Installation may be out of spec. Have you checked the fall against MIs? If the opening is facing SW into the prevailing wind, modifiying it to point NW or SE might help. (Essentially Aquarius's suggestion.)

Lot of work for what must be a pretty old boiler. Customer should probably get it replaced with a condenser. Particularly if KoP is available to do the job!

We get alot of North Easteries on our coast causes condenses to freeze in winter if not protected , but saying that I have not had this particular issue from driving rain , both boilers are condensing the flues are falling back to the boiler there's not really a fix for it as it the air intake which leads directly into the internal boiler casing .

Reply to Driving rain in Norfolk 🌧️ in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock