Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping tas despite new valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Th single spout over my bath provides both hot and cold water. As the tap was dripping I replaced the valves on both the hot and cold water taps with good quality valves which are supposed to be particularly good for people with arthritis. Much to my disappointment the spout still drips, but not as fast as it did. Is there something I have missed doing when istalling the new valves?

Th single spout over my bath provides both hot and cold water. As the tap was dripping I replaced the valves on both the hot and cold water taps with good quality valves which are supposed to be particularly good for people with arthritis. Much to my disappointment the spout still drips, but not as fast as it did. Is there something I have missed doing when istalling the new valves?
You could have faulty valves happened to me once. Did you make sure non of the old valve was left inside. I also had a customer that had a dripping tap and said new ones had been fitted. Looked inside and there was a piece from the ceramic valve left inside.

Reply to Dripping tas despite new valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if the turn the tap fully on the noise stops. I have replaced the flexible hoses to both taps and fitted in-line isolation valves. The noise is now...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock