Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping Tap. Need help. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a dripping tap and need to identify what brand model it is to find the current valve. I've been to two plumbing merchants and both have requested the model of the tap.
Does anyone know what the tap is called in the image below thanks.
20200229_114656.jpg
20200229_114528.jpg

*find the correct valve

See @moonlight's advice above. The complication here is that the cartridges you have use something called a "carrier spline" which is the white plastic part attached to the brass spindle. They can sometimes be bought separately which means you might find the correct cartridge but not recognise it because it may lack the plastic part. The good thing is you already have the carrier spline and it can be removed and used again on a new cartridge but any valve you find that fits the tap will also need to be able to take those carriers.

As Moonlight says, I think your best bet is to take the cartridge and head to a good plumber's merchants to see if you can match it all up.

Last edited:

Reply to Dripping Tap. Need help. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock