From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Dripping shower head in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Netherbigging

I have a Grohe Aquatower 3000 installed 12 years ago. The overhead head has started a steady continuous drip and, as something with no talent for DIY let alone plumbing matters, I'm very nervous about tinkering with it! My instinct is a washer but maybe it's a bit more technical, maybe a new cartridge of some sort. The shower works perfectly apart from that. Any thoughts or advice?

Best

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
I don't know anything about that shower, but usually a shower valve will need a complete cartridge, but your shower has separate parts. One part that can cause the drip is the water inlet part. This site shows it and other parts on exploded drawing, but £99 for a ceramic spindle is crazy! And it looks just like a standard tap ceramic works.
You could also try Shower Doctor & email saying your exact problem.
https://www.showerspares.com/grohe_...c_flow_cartridge_headpart_assembly_45885_000/

S

SafeGasInstall

Plumber
Gas Engineer
remove shower head , could deb some lime scale blocking it and after you finish shower takes sometime for it to empty the water thats hold there

OP
O

Old Account

I am quite certain it's the washer in the cartridge ( needs to be replaced ).

OP
N

Netherbigging

You're right! Cartridge replaced. Thanks.

OP
N

Netherbigging

I'm not sure if my replies are being directed to the person I mean to so thanks for the responses. Basically, the cartridge has had it and has been replaced. Excellent service from National Shower Spares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping shower head in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads