Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping Rain Shower. Any advice? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a ceiling fitted shower that keeps dripping and is driving me crazy.
Can anyone offer any guidance to what’s causing the problem and how it can be fixed.
Would the ceiling need to be damaged to get access to the pipe work?
Many thanks.

Attachments

• B1BA5862-3C53-4C06-AE53-A0C935336361.jpeg
    B1BA5862-3C53-4C06-AE53-A0C935336361.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 9
Can anyone offer any guidance to what’s causing the problem and how it can be fixed.
Many thanks.
I have recently changed the shower head, so I don’t think there’s a problem with that. I also took the shower head off and the dripping continued from the pipe.

The problem isn't in the ceiling, it's the valve in the wall not sealing properly. Isolate the water and change the valve. Find a maker's mark and look up how to change the valve.

The problem isn't in the ceiling, it's the valve in the wall not sealing properly. Isolate the water and change the valve. Find a maker's mark and look up how to change the valve.
Many thanks.
So it’s likely the valve behind the on/off control? Can the valve be replaced without damaging the tiles?

Attachments

• 7640610D-ED4F-40C9-892B-C38660E4DC35.jpeg
    7640610D-ED4F-40C9-892B-C38660E4DC35.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Dripping Rain Shower. Any advice? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it. There's an in-ceiling speaker where water was dripping from, and there were slower drips coming from a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to turn the pressure relief valve it would not turn at all, as it usually would. My shower has been dripping in the bathroom next door , could in anyway...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
I have a growing damp patch on my ceiling, I initially assumed it must be from the empty flat above (and therefore cannot gain access), and have since used emergency cut off for that flat. I'm now wondering if it could a problem in my own flat, so cut a hole in the damp patch to investigate -...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock