Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping kitchen tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dunkerz

Hi there. My first post and I'm a far from expert when it comes to plumbing so please be patient!

I'm trying to sort out this dripping tap:
[image attached]

I've loosened undone the cap for the nozzle (see below) but it won't come out, regardless of what direction the tap is positioned in.
[image attached]

I've managed to strip it back to here:
[image attached]

I assume I should be able to loosen these bits off but they don't seem to budge.

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 28
Don't waste any more time. Buy a complete new tap and fit it.

If you carry on it will never be right and you will be lucky to find parts for it.

just call a plumber, if he is any good he will source the ceramic valves easily enough and replace the o rings on the spout, for less than the cost of a new mixer tap. You just need someone with some experience, :)

Don't waste any more time. Buy a complete new tap and fit it.

If you carry on it will never be right and you will be lucky to find parts for it.
Thanks. In that case, any recommendations for a relatively cheap replacement? I'm getting my flat ready to put on the market so not looking to spend too much - just something that does the job and looks half decent.

just call a plumber, if he is any good he will source the ceramic valves easily enough and replace the o rings on the spout, for less than the cost of a new mixer tap. You just need someone with some experience, :)
I'd rather do it myself. I know it's a relatively straightforward, once I can get at the relevant parts - although not if I'm going to struggle finding replacements.

IF
you can tell him the make of tap, or if the makers name is on it. Without that, its a lottery whether you can source the ceramic disc valves.

RAY shame on you, dont you stock lots of different ceramic vavles with different splines, like my merchant, we've only been beaten on a couple of occassions, normally involving bnq imports :)

RAY shame on you, dont you stock lots of different ceramic vavles with different splines, like my merchant, we've only been beaten on a couple of occassions, normally involving bnq imports :)

You must have a very limited number of taps in your area Lame. We see literally hundreds of different ceramic valves, and neither we, nor our customers seem to be wild about spending 4 hours searching down a tap valve that someone doesn't want to pay a fiver for.

my lad has a shelf load in the back so just take the duff one out and compare bits for a couple of mins and normally walk away with a solution, he only keeps around 20 variants in 15mm so there can be to many differences in them.

New tap half the price of the plumbers hassles. Easily operated from the new replacement

New tap half the price of the plumbers hassles. Easily operated from the new replacement
And if it's mains water feed I wouldn't bother with ceramics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping kitchen tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock