Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping cold water from newly fitted mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi hoping for some advice please.

I fitted a Bristan Easyfit mixer tap in my kitchen but the cold water continues to trickle when I close off the tap.

I was unable to fit this piece (first image) as my existing pipe work already has one of these on the cold pipe then a pip to another of these cutoff bales (for the dishwasher) and then more pipe that the existing tap cold inlet was joined onto (second image).

I’ve joined the new flexible hose from the existing pipe work to the tap (leaving out the part you see in image one)

Why would there be a continuous trickle of cold water from the tap?

Any help greatly appreciated. Is it necessary to add the valve (image one) to the existing pipe work? If so Can this be done without cutting any pipes (eg by some sort of adapter)?

Many thanks

Mark

839A76F6-A696-4A5F-B713-F3CA0807F025.jpeg
56C44661-B0F3-4827-BC4F-B75C4F306543.jpeg

Yeah sounds like a faulty valve. If it's less than months old, take it back and either get a refund or a replacement, if its more than 6 months old, speak to the supplier.

Bristan have a 5 year warranty. Call them and they will send out a new cartridge. If you push them they might fit it for free... But don't hold your breath.... Grohe are the only one I know that will come out to fit for free.

Bristan have a 5 year warranty. Call them and they will send out a new cartridge. If you push them they might fit it for free... But don't hold your breath.. Grohe are the only one I know that will come out to fit for free.

As described (altering cartridge it stops) it is def the cartridges. Press each handle in/down VERY firmly to indentify which is at fault. Works most of the time.

Remember, the Bristan 5 yr warranty on cartridges clearly states that an owner is required to spend approx 5 hours of maintenance on each cartridge once a year if installed in a soft water area and TWICE a year if not.

For those interested, at £30 per hour that equates to £1750 in maintenance over 5 years for say £45 taps. Great value:rolleyes:

I've also just add Bristan mixer taps fitted and when I turn the tap off there's a further stream of water which pours out followed by 5 or 6 drips every time. I'm not sure if this is just poor design or whether I have an issue and need to do something about it. Any advice appreciated.

Reply to Dripping cold water from newly fitted mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from Screwfix but it hasn’t solved the problem it still drips. Could it be a dodgy valve or is it something else? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on the other of the T junction to the kitchen mixer tap it's stone cold, anyone any ideas ?
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the upstairs taps, I have a combi boiler and no water storage
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock