Search the forum,

Discuss Drip on very tight tee in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

does anyone have any ideas on how to get round this.

the 15mm tee is leaking.

no movement in pipe coming through the wall.

This is very tight and can only think to try and sweat tee off. All pipework is between joists.

Attachments

• 4530DA10-861A-4125-95E6-FDF2571821C6.jpeg
    4530DA10-861A-4125-95E6-FDF2571821C6.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 42
Is that what the jubilee clip is for? Clearly the biggest issue is getting the joint dry enough to solder. You'll need a wet vac, perhaps take apart the jointing up from the tee to suck it dry. Resolder the tee and then rassemble.

Is that what the jubilee clip is for? Clearly the biggest issue is getting the joint dry enough to solder. You'll need a wet vac, perhaps take apart the jointing up from the tee to suck it dry. Resolder the tee and then rassemble.
Yes so the jubilee and rubber is there to stop the drip but going back Monday to sort. I was thinking about trying to use a tectite fitting but if it doesn’t hold due to old solder on pipe then I’m fooked.

The repipe makes sense but what is the actual problem, getting actual access to the fitting with a torch flame or a lack of adequate temp because water in pipe?

The repipe makes sense but what is the actual problem, getting actual access to the fitting with a torch flame or a lack of adequate temp because water in pipe?
Both. Space, flame and because if I cut the pipe between the tee and the wall I won’t have the room to solder a new fitting on. So I need to unsolder the tee and solder a new fitting on. Was really asking for any good ideas to make the job easier but I think sweat the tee off and a new fitting is the best option here.

Reply to Drip on very tight tee in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock