Search the forum,

Discuss Drinking water filter query in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I would like your advice on what type of water filter to buy to fit under my kitchen sink. I have been thinking about getting a drinking water filter fitted onto the cold water feed under the sink as my flat. Also I have copper pipes under the sink which have the number 15mm on them, the hot water pipe has a NRV but I can't see one on the cold water feed which has the stopcock.

I have seen water filters which you attach to your tap nozzle however I am not sure about them since I don't know much about them however they could be great or a waste of money.

If anyone has any information or point me in the right direction that would be great as I would appreciate getting the right information before buying one online, thank you

If you filter your cold supply to the kitchen sink you'll be using filtered water to wash up, rinse pots etc.
You'd be better off with a filter tap that you just use for drinking water, you won't have to change the filter so often that way.
Screwfix and Toolstation do one for about £30

Hi everyone,

I would like your advice on what type of water filter to buy to fit under my kitchen sink. I have been thinking about getting a drinking water filter fitted onto the cold water feed under the sink as my flat. Also I have copper pipes under the sink which have the number 15mm on them, the hot water pipe has a NRV but I can't see one on the cold water feed which has the stopcock.

I have seen water filters which you attach to your tap nozzle however I am not sure about them since I don't know much about them however they could be great or a waste of money.

If anyone has any information or point me in the right direction that would be great as I would appreciate getting the right information before buying one online, thank you
I use one like this from Screwfix under the sink. Filters are pretty cheap and seem to last 6 months. Fitted with service valves so changes are straightforward. Use hot water for washing up and hand washing so mainly used for drinking.

Attachments

• 9EA91110-2848-4861-8E08-009EF97C7E13.jpeg
    9EA91110-2848-4861-8E08-009EF97C7E13.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 8
Plenty of winds of teflon tape on both ends of the two plastic 3/4 nipples it comes with (have to use these because brass 3/4" male threads don't quite fit).

Two COMPRESSION ADAPTING FEMALE COUPLER 15MM X ¾" on the nipples.

Pipe, a couple of service valves and something to connect pipe to your cold tap hose depending on its fitting.

You really dont need a high capacity filter kit in a domestic environment for normal consumption,, the smaller cartridge version will do and it comes with all the fittings. The refills can be had elsewhere for a lot cheaper plus it takes up a heck of lot less room under a sink for example. Ive had both btw.

Very helpful share.
I have one and must admit I don't change it as often as they say to. I have Berkey Water Filters installed at home and office. Mainly because I live on my own so don't use as much water as a family would do.
I think I used my last one for four or five months, I can't really remember. I wish they stated how many liters it could water filter per cartridge, rather than a length of time, then we might be able to work it out.

What water are you using? City water? If so where?
How much water are you using?
Any special needs/diseases you are concerned of?

Reply to Drinking water filter query in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock