Search the forum,

Discuss Drinking Water - Ceramic Water Filter System vs 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I am looking to install a new Drinking Water Filter System as water quality is not good at my home. Lots of Lime Scale and Chlorine etc.

Which one should I choose?
1. Ceramic Water Filter System
2. 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter

Appreciate any help in this regard...

Probably 1 , 2 is going a little over the top , but you know your water better than me or anybody on here.

I heard that Reverse Osmosis wastes lots of water. Do this system does all that Ceramic does + anything extra?

From what I know , you cant get better water after its been through the all the process . Not sure about if it wastes water though. They aren’t fast by the way.

Are you consuming water from a uk utility ? On balance if it is within uk then anything you do with a ro unit will be a backward step especially when you might not maintain it properly. Uk utility supply very good water at £2.20 per ton and take it away. Just get bottled water of a suitable brand, delivered free from one of the supermarkets.centralheatking

Why, it’s completely safe.... just absolutely missing of any minerals.
Reverse osmosis water is fine to drink, plenty of homes in USA have an under the sink unit and the apollo astronauts drank their own products 20 mins after producing them. I am putting one/two into my next boat. centralheatking

No, I am from Ireland. I couldn't find a suitable forum to ask my query. That is why I posted it here to get help. Thanks...
Now I understand, its the chlorine that most people dont get on with, its always best to take badness out of water than add products to make it 'better'
I think carbon filters are the way fwds here. Call AquaCure in Southport , big outfit know their stuff and they do mail/card order. centralheatking

Reply to Drinking Water - Ceramic Water Filter System vs 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock