Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton Wiser Single Zone Wet UFH in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

I can't see why this wouldn't work but thought best to ask encase anyone has tried it before or is using it and would care to comment.

So the plan is to install wet UFH in a soon to be built kitchen extension. The ufh will be installed in the whole kitchen area which will be of block and beam construction on the base.

We will be knocking through what is currently a dining room (suspended wooden joist floor) , through to the new kitchen extension and plan to also install wet UFH to this room.

So 2, possibly 3 circuits in 1 zone/space.
Any reason why the associated zone valve and pump of the ufh could not be controlled by the free channel on my Wiser Hub and room stat? The other channel/s on the hub will control radiators in the rest of the house and a hot water cylinder.

As the ufh will be one zone I cannot see that there would be any need for actuators on the on the manifold circuits.

Thanks in advance for any comments and feedback.

NB though that I should add that I have emailed Wiser support asking this question and am awaiting their reply. I am mindful that they have recently released their own ufh control/wiring centre and that company policy might dictate that customers be corralled down this route when is is not strictly necessary.

Hi @milgo123
I'm thinking doing exactly that. Have you set it up the way you described?
Thanks!
@Maxim2 Hi not up and running yet but had a brief conversation today with the heating engineer/plumber who will be doing the install mid to end of September and in his words what I would like to achieve is definitely doable. Having a face to face with him this week to ask more questions regarding positioning of manifold, controls etc.

He did say that he often fits Heatmiser/Neo stat controls but has no problem with using my existing controls. I will update again later in the week.

@milgo123 I also spoke with a heating engineer this week about this idea, and he said that this should work. I also contacted Drayton Wiser support and they said that, in theory, this configuration should work, but they don't recommend it, it's unsupported, and they may not be able to help with issues that arise as a direct result of this configuration. They were not aware of any specific issues with such configuration, so it sounded like a general warning related to an "unsupported" configuration. Please update this thread if you have any updates. Thanks!

Reply to Drayton Wiser Single Zone Wet UFH in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock