Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton MiGenie programmer MT734R flaky app? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all..

Anyone have experience with this programmer and phone App?

I replaced a LP722 with one and it does work 95%.. Hot water comes on and so does CH. Some strangeness though..

Just looking at the HW screen earlier.. time set for just 1 hour per day every day.. 7:00 - 8:00 I was lookin at it at 7:59 and thought I'l wait to see if it goes off at 8:00... 8:01 came and went.. it was still on at 8:03. Gave up but noticed it was off when i looked again at 8:10. Yes I know it went off eventually but knowing things digital.. they don't normally know how to do anything other than 'on the dot' there is usually no leeway with digital as there is with analogue/mechanical. (saying that the LP722 did do just that. HW would go off straightaway and you could hear the three way valve operating)

Also too I noticed if i set an OFF event in the day for the CH it doesn't come ON at the next ON event.. you have to boost it to come on. So now rather than setting an off event, I set the temp down quite low 14 degrees for an event and let it raise the temp at the next set event 21 degrees. That seemed to work ok.

Over all I can't complain. I get to operate the system remotely when out and if I know I'm not going ot get back for another three hours (saving wasted heating) I can do something about it now..

I'm just a bit perplexed.. Drayton have not come back on two of my questions about it.. yet anyway.
[automerge]1575889248[/automerge]
update..

just decided to check the displayed current time on the actual programmer device on the wall. it was slow. I'm not sure how the time was set in the first place (factory?)... I presumed it got the time from the internet as it is connected to it. You can't set it from the app that's for sure.

Perhaps i have jumped the gun here..... 'time' will tell.

Last edited:
MiGenie is, in my experience, a very robust system. As with most developed controllers, they are not instantaneous - communication can take up to 4 minutes. This is partly a function to extend battery life (if appropriate) the receiver only looks for signals when polling. Honeywell operate on a similar basis - albeit their communication is two way and requires confirmation before acting.

That's a great piece of information and answers a lot of questions.

If I'd know about the clock being so it too when I posted this it may have prevented the question in the first place.

Thanks for replying

Reply to Drayton MiGenie programmer MT734R flaky app? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock