Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton MA1 mid position actuator intermittent fault. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone advise what could be the cause and how to overcome an actuator intermittently not responding when boiler is calling for heat.
Possibly slightly loose fitting to valve, as actuator re-activates with hand pressure movement when boiler is calling for heat. This is an intermittent fault and is more likely to happen when hot, suggesting an expansion influence.

If it moves upon persuasion, I would have thought a sticking motor.
Thanks for your reply sir.
In addition to my post I should have said that I have in the past unclipped the actuator for any obvious cause, but there was nothing that my untrained eye could see.
The unit is about 5 years old and the fault started about 3 years ago. Finding the cause was a matter of elimination when I could not see a fault code on the boiler.
Maybe if I opened the actuator and applied some WD40 it might free the sticking motor if your suggestion is correct ?

Reply to Drayton MA1 mid position actuator intermittent fault. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock