Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton Digistat No Working! No Heating Upstairs! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning All

I have a Valliant Ecotec Plus boiler which runs our under floor heating at ground floor and rads on the first and second floors. Both systems are controlled via a Drayton Digistat SCR with a receiver on the ground floor and the other on the first floor. All has been working well for the past 3yrs until Tuesday this week. I woke up to cold rads on the first and second floors. I checked the Digistat receiver and it appears to be working fine i.e. displaying the usual icons including the flame. I replaced the batteries and reset it with the SCR but still no heating. As far as I can tell the boiler is working OK as I have hot water and heating via the underfloor system. I am at a loss and would therefore welcome any advice. Thanks in advance.

Probably zonevalve for the radiators not working .
If you can identify which one if it has a manual lever try latching it open rads would then work whenever boiler works for any other part of system.
Failing that need a multimeter and be competent to use it.

Probably zonevalve for the radiators not working .
If you can identify which one if it has a manual lever try latching it open rads would then work whenever boiler works for any other part of system.
Failing that need a multimeter and be competent to use it.
Many thanks. It’s all radiators upstairs that aren’t on. It’s as though the Digistat SCR isn’t picking up the receiver that’s upstairs even though it’s on. Or the boiler isn’t able to fire up the radiators?

As you have 2 separate areas for heating you will almost certainly have zone valves somewhere look for silver or white box with a cable from it attached to .pipework.
Ah Yes! I found found them and they appear to be as they were! When the heating is on they are both hot to touch which I think is normal? Photo attached For referenc. Thanks again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 10
Is the lever free to move up and down with everything on ?

Rads and ufh set to on / heat

There should be no resistance when everything is calling on those levers but for now yes you can manually open the rad ones so you can have heating with the ufh

There should be no resistance when everything is calling on those levers but for now yes you can manually open the rad ones so you can have heating with the ufh
Brilliant, thank you so much for your help! I have switched it to manual and the rads are coming on! I guess I now need to replace the valve. Thanks everyone for your help!

Or fault find to make sure the stat is calling

Reply to Drayton Digistat No Working! No Heating Upstairs! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock