Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton Digistat 1 Room Thermostat loses display in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

hat

I have a Drayton Digistat 1 Room Thermostat which ran out of Battery. I replaced with a new set and it ran out within a month. I've now replaced with another new set of Alkaline Batteries (GP Ultra) and it again ran out within minutes.
Is there a short somewhere which is draining the Batteries or is something else wrong ?
Is there a straight replacemnet available which can be plugged in without re-wiring ?
Any help appreciated.

I've had this a few times. Customer says I've put new batteries in it but still having problems, that's why I've called you. I've then put new Duracell batteries in from my van and it all works again. Buy good named batteries from a reputable stockists and make sure they are correctly inserted the right way round. If it still causes problems after that. Then replace the unit. They have the same backplate so there should be no need to touch any wires. It will just clip onto the backplate you already have fitted to the wall.

Thanks Chuck and Darren. It appears to be loose connection. I cleaned/scrapped the contacts and also bent the connectors on the inner side a bit and since then it is behaving fine. Let's see how long it lasts.
BTW Darren, Drayton Digistat 1 is no longer available, so which model are you talking about for a like for like swap (clip on) ?
Regards

if youve got the one with the two battery holders which come out of the bottom of the stat which hold two batteries in each compartment it was always a problem when you replaced batteries, maybe why the later ones had a different battery connections. when you say you bent the connectors was it the ones inside the t/stat at the top which you can access when you completly remove the battery holders. if youve bent these ones down happy days it will work fine

Thanks Chuck and Darren. It appears to be loose connection. I cleaned/scrapped the contacts and also bent the connectors on the inner side a bit and since then it is behaving fine. Let's see how long it lasts.
BTW Darren, Drayton Digistat 1 is no longer available, so which model are you talking about for a like for like swap (clip on) ?
Regards

Great pleased to hear it. The digistat 3 is still a straight swap.

Reply to Drayton Digistat 1 Room Thermostat loses display in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock