Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton Digistat +1 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Can anyone help with this please? Not sure this thermostat is working properly. I turned it on this morning and temp in room was 21....thermostat set to 23 and heating came on but after only about a minute or 2 it went off!!! I then turned it up to 25 and it then stayed on but obviously had to turn it down once warm enough. Also when temperature in room was saying 23.5 thermostat set to 23 heating comes on a couple of times for just 20 seconds... This was only fitted yesterday and am at the moment having to set the default to 25 to get boiler to stay running then just turn on thermostat off when warm enough... does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks
Jane

Is it 23 dc in the room where the thermostat is located?

When I got up this morning and turned the thermostat on. the room temperate said it was 21 degrees. I had the thermostat set to 23 degrees so when I turned the thermostat on the boiler came on but it did NOT stay on and the temperature in the room was still only 21 degrees. The only way I could get it to stay on was by using the plus button and set it to 25 degrees. It is a Drayton Digistat + 1

TBH that sounds like it's working correctly

Normally around 2dc accuracy

Maybe I am being silly but how can that be right when room says it is 21 and stat is set at 23. Surely the boiler should stay running until the temp on thermostat is showing the set temp of 23? Also when I look at digital window from an angle you can see colours (like if you get an oil spill you see colours on the top)

Also if room stat is set to 23 when the actual temperature is showing 23.5 boulder can come on for about 20 seconds or so

Will click on at 25 when the room is 23 correct

Or 20 when the rooms 18 etc

Okay thanks.. although I am not sure about it as my friend has same one and hers is fine... also have you heard of the colours on screen?

Yes that's very standard with an lcd screen

When room temp is say 21 and you turn it up to 23 is the flame symbol displayed above the selected temp of 23 on the left hand side of the display? What boiler do you have?

Last edited:
Yes the Flame symbol is there and the boiler is running and rads getting warm just didn’t stay on long enough to get the room temp up to the 23 but when I put it up to 25 the boiler did then stay on. I have a Glowwarm 24cxi combi boiler

Remember the boiler can sometimes produce heat faster than your rads can lose it so the boiler has to back off, is it a small system or do you have TRV's turned off or set low?

You say also that you boiler fires up for a short time when your heating is off, I suspect you have the preheat feature turned ON, check your manual and turn it OFF, hope this helps.

Is only a small system... 1 bed flat 5 rads in total... No it it not the pre heat it does that for the hot water side. I meant that it calls for heat and only stays on for 20 seconds sometimes. Like when temp says it is 23.5 and the thermostat is set at 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drayton Digistat +1 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock