Search the forum,

Discuss Draining loft tank to work on hot water system query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lostloop

I have an older conventional gravity fed vented domestic plumbing system and I need to work on the hot water circuit (replacing taps). If the water is drained from the loft storage tank (below the exit holes) or the water is otherwise cut off from entering the copper cylinder below, will this effectively stop water flowing from the hot water taps ? Thank you for any responses.

Yes.

You may find a shut off valve on the cold inlet to the Cylinder

Thank you ! There is a cut off valve (Conex with a Red thumbwheel) but it seems to be seized solid. I've tried a squirt of WD40 and a Mole wrench on the square spigot but I'm wary about using too much force - but I can syphon the tank off instead.

you don't need to syphon the tank just open the bath hot tap and drain it that way

Turn the cold feed going into the tank off either by service valve or main stop tap,
Open all taps hot & cold wait for water to stop, replace taps and fit Full Bore service valves for the future and replace the gate valve that's seized for a full bore leave valve

Or ring your local plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Draining loft tank to work on hot water system query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock