Search the forum,

Discuss Drainage smell in basement in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a built up of drainage smell in the basement where we us to have are old toilet drainage before, basically the old drainage is no longer in use and still has water standing, its under the bay window in the basement. I can access it by removing a few bricks from inside the basement as its under ground,

Now I was wondering what's the best way to close out the smell and completely close the old drainage? Sandbags then concrete cement? Any suggestions

Many Thanks

.. Need some pics ..

Hi, I have a built up of drainage smell in the basement where we us to have are old toilet drainage before, basically the old drainage is no longer in use and still has water standing, its under the bay window in the basement. I can access it by removing a few bricks from inside the basement as its under ground,

Now I was wondering what's the best way to close out the smell and completely close the old drainage? Sandbags then concrete cement? Any suggestions

Many Thanks
Fernandez please be advised that the smelly drain might well be an indication of more problems, just wacking sand bags etc will mask the smell but not solve your problem.
I would suggest you take a few piccys and maybe put up a hand drawn sketch of the layout. We love drain posts but the more info you provide the better the solution ..
centralheatking

Reply to Drainage smell in basement in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock