Search the forum,

Discuss Drainage / septic tank advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Customer mega house , two soil pipes , both outside and around 5/6 meters apart .
One vented to atmosphere, the other has an AAV fitted , the one with the AAV is starting to give drainage problems , blocked basin , pan nearly fills up and then falls immediately, shower waste gurgles . Didnt have ladders on van so not sure if the AAV is suitable for outside . It all empty's into a septic tank, is there a reason for the AAV ? Can I take it off ?? Etc etc .
I am no drainage expert and would appreciate some advice ....... Thank you in advance .

Agree with Simon, TFJ. how close is the soil pipe venting to any window or air brick? May have been used to overcome foul smells etc entering the building .They do make external versions but best to vent to atmosphere where possible.....regards Turnpin

Stink Stacks are best ..they dont go lala...ok for inside ensuite stuff but not if there is an alternative
centralheatking

Cheers guys , I just couldn’t see the point of it , especially as the house was built with all the scaffolding it seams easier to put 2 soil pipes up.

Reply to Drainage / septic tank advice in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock