Search the forum,

Discuss Drainage for wetroom advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All

I am after a bit of advice, I am installing a wetroom in my house which is a bungalow. The vent pipe comes up through the concrete floor and up through the roof right next to the toilet pipe which is the same branch of drainage pipe.

Now the toilet long radius bend is
20210623_123001.jpg
about 500mm to the bottom. My vent pipe connection in the concrete floor will be about 420mm. Would this be ok?

the pipe on the left is the vent where I want to take the elbow off and put a reducer to 40mm in for wet room tray. The pipe on the right is the toilet pipe which I am going to put the vent on there to vent the drain and then box the pipe in.

Thanks all

Keep well

Lee

I don't understand?

Hi Mate. Probably a bit long winded.

Basically the pipe on the left in the picture goes out through the wall and is the vent. The pipe to the right is my en-suite toilet waste. There is another toilet on the left which is connected to this branch which runs into the inspection chamber. What I want to do is take the elbow off of the vent in picture on the left and put a 110mm x 50mm connector on it for the shower waste. Then vent off of the top of the toilet on the right?

Any clearer

Hi Shaun, it will be underground yes. Pretty much level with the insulation under the screed. Thinking of putting this into the socket where the elbow is now...
Screenshot_20210623-203309_Chrome.jpg

Yep that’s fine

Yep that’s fine
Great.

What I am getting at here is in Building doc H drainage it says that no branch pipe should be connected less than 450mm from the bottom of the long radius bend to the middle of the branch pipe? This is not a soil stack though so just thought I better make sure. It probably is just about 420mm I believe.

As you say that’s for foul

As you say that’s for foul
Thanks Shaun. I am pretty sure that as the whole drainage system is vented and that when a toilet is flushed it is not going to cause enough suction to remove the 50mm water trap due to the water leaving the toilet probably only fills the 110mm pipe by a 3rd.

So looking around at formers that will fit my area, amazing how many of them have traps with water seal depths less than 38mm. All the ones that will fit my area are 22 to 30mm depth.

Reply to Drainage for wetroom advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock