Search the forum,

Discuss Drain valve head has come off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been off supply for water for a couple of days due to very bad weather. It's starting to thaw out now but ice forced out one of the valve heads. Is this a drain valve in the picture? Is it OK just to push it back in or would I need a plumber? There's also a ring on the floor which fits it (second pic), should I just put that over the end and then push it back in?

Thanks for any help

IMG_20180303_110207.jpg

IMG_20180303_110416.jpg

You got any adjustable spanners ?

If not best to call a plumber out simple fix shouldn't cost much

That's a compression fitting , on the frozen pipe, with Olive , the ring on the ground, that the drain cock fits in.

Where the Drain cock has come out there's a nut.
This needs undoing and the nut and olive reassembling and tightening back into the fitting.

If you've never done plumbing find someone who has, you'll struggle to find a plumber available this weather.

Turn the stop tap off til it's fixed or you may get when when it thaws out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drain valve head has come off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock