Search the forum,

Discuss Drain off valve *this* close to boiler flue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hope you're well.

After finding a leak on our CH drain off valve (that our servicer missed)... have realised it's very close to the boiler flue, like impossible to use and right up against it. It's on the return CH and hidden behind the flue. What do people think? I'm going to drain down and remove it/cap it I think.

PXL_20200925_181005523.jpg

PXL_20200925_181056431.jpg

What sort of idiot put that there? Why not put a short bend on it and attach the drain off at the end of the bend?

Feeling for you mate, as someone who decided to clean out his father's oil burner yesterday and realised that it's installed such that the boiler door doesn't open fully. Same all over the world by the looks of it!

From the photo, it looks as though the flue casing has been dented / punctured in that area too. Depending on the construction of the flue this may be an issue. If in doubt, get a Gas Safe registered engineer to take a look and advise.

Reply to Drain off valve *this* close to boiler flue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he closed it. This is a tenanted property and it's not straightforward to get access to it. How risky is it to / how long can I leave the AAV closed...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock