Search the forum,

Discuss Downpipe advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loftybloke

Hi There

I'm looking for some advice please. There are two pipes on the outside of the house (shown below) the narrow right hand pipe carries waste bathwater, and the left hand pipe is the toilet waste.
received_m_mid_1400135278105_a23068e0aa767b2036_0.jpg
The narrow pipe is leaking below the level of the yard and is coming in through the cellar wall. Dyno rod dye tested both pipes and confirmed this.

My question is this - instead of paying through the nose to have the yard dug out to fix this pipe underground, is there anything stopping me from joining the narrow pipe to the pipe next to it to carry both water feeds to the street drain?

Thanks in advance
Lofty

Hi Lofty. welcome along.
the two waste pipes into the hopper ( bath+basin presumably)
can be fitted to the soil stack, subject to following the guidance in the building regs

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_AD_H_2010.pdf

but the cracked gulley would still need checking, where does it connect to the stack/manhole.
if you are going to get rid of it, make sure its all tidy

Fantastic thanks both. Any idea how much work this would be for a plumber? I don't feel confident really tackling this myself. Its just a fix so we can use the shower until we can afford to dig down and fix the pipe, although that seems redundant if its not in use...Thanks again

Few hours work and a few oddments of materials. I would expect change from ÂŁ450

What's your location as that plus a big part on the amount you will pay

should be an easy job, a couple of hours labour and a few notes for materials. Id keep the hopper for looks, just drop it slightly if needed.

Hi again all,

Thanks a lot for all the advice and input, I've had a guy out to look today and have got the work booked in :)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Downpipe advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock